6 Nighttime Skin Care Habits That Can Give You Youthful And Healthy Skin – By applying toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen before putting on your makeup, you ensure you have glowing skin and look fantastic, ready for work or wherever you are heading.
Additionally, sunscreen protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays, helping you avoid the signs of premature aging.
However, following a daytime skincare routine is not enough to achieve healthy, glowing, and youthful skin. You also need a nighttime regimen that helps repair and restore your skin as you sleep.
Skincare Practices To Include In Your Nighttime Routine
Facial care experts in Dubai share below the best skincare practices to include in a nighttime routine that can help you have healthier, more youthful skin:
1. Cleanse Your Face Thoroughly At Night.
Regardless of your age, an essential skincare habit you have to practice is washing your face thoroughly before going to bed.
- Cleansing your face properly at night helps your skin glow and look more apparent in the morning. Additionally, making this a habit prevents the spread of bacteria that causes acne and breakouts.
- However, cleansing at night goes beyond using regular soap, slathering it over your face, and rinsing meticulously. To thoroughly clean your skin, use a gentle cleanser.
- If you want to ensure your face is free of makeup, consider using a makeup remover after washing.
- Next, use a toner to clear off any residue your makeup remover and cleanser may have left behind.
- To ensure you don’t forget to wash your face before sleeping, try doing it as soon as you get home. Don’t wait until you are turning in to perform this routine.
2. Moisturize Every Night.
Applying a moisturizer before going to sleep is another skincare habit you should never neglect.
When your face is clean and bare, the moisture on your skin tends to evaporate more. It can result in a buildup of dry skin cells and make your skin look dull and tired.
To avoid this skincare problem, apply a moisturizer at night. However, make sure you use a product that’s right for your skin.
Nighttime Skin Care Habits
Nighttime Skin Care Habits – For instance, if you have dry skin, choose a moisturizer that provides deep hydration and contains peptides or substances that boost the production of collagen and prevent the appearance of premature signs of aging.
On the other hand, if you have oily skin, choose a light and non-greasy moisturizer since this does not clog pores and helps control oil production.
With the right moisturizer, you keep your skin hydrated, giving your skin cells more benefits.
However, apply your moisturizer at least half an hour before going to bed to give your skin time to absorb it and prevent the product from sticking to your pillows.
3. Use A Retinoid Or Retinol Product.
Retinoids and retinol products also play essential roles in keeping your skin healthy and youthful-looking.
Retinoids are derivatives of vitamin A transformed into retinoic acid used in skincare products. They act as antioxidants and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, promote collagen growth under the skin, clear acne, and reduce breakouts.
- Additionally, retinoids increase cell turnover, which improves the skin’s texture and tone and lightens dark spots.
- Dermatologists often prescribe skincare retinoid products. However, some can”t bought over the counter.
- On the other hand, retinol is a subtype of retinoid usually included in over-the-counter skincare products. They contain a lower active retinoic acid ingredient concentration than retinoids and gradually work.
- If you want to add a retinoid or retinol product to your nighttime skincare routine, you will do well to consult your dermatologist first.
- If you want to try an OTC product, consider using a moisturizing cream with retinol first since it is a gentler option.
4. Hold Off On Your Nightly Exfoliation Habit.
If you are using a facial scrub nightly, stop this habit as soon as possible, especially once you start using a retinoid or retinol product.
Exfoliating daily can strip your skin of its natural oils, which can cause dryness and breakouts. It can happen whether you use a face scrub or chemical peel.
Once you start using a retinol skincare product every night, you will stimulate the turnover of skin cells. Adding exfoliation to your routine can result in the overstimulation of the cells and increase the risk of a flare-up and irritation.
Exfoliating once a week is the best way to get the most benefits from this skincare regimen.
5. Use Silk Or Satin Pillowcases.
If you tend to sleep on your curved side or face down, you can get premature wrinkles when you use pillowcases made of cotton and other fabric since they tend to cling to and pull on your skin.
- Use silk and satin pillowcases to maintain your youthful skin since they are gentler on the skin. They don’t leave any mark on the face as well.
- Also, silk and satin pillowcases are excellent options for sensitive skin since cotton can sometimes be irritating. Additionally, they are better for keeping the nighttime skincare products you applied on your face, not on the pillow.
- Lastly, silk and satin pillowcases also look and feel more luxurious, allowing you to have a calmer, more restful sleep.
If you have any silk and satin leftover fabrics, turn them into new pillowcases instead of simply throwing them away.
6. Immerse Yourself In At-Home Light Therapy.
Light therapy entails exposing your skin to various light wavelengths. Including red and blue, to improve specific issues, only in dermatological and skincare centers and spas.
- However, new technology allows you to invest in light therapy devices that you can use at home.
- A home light therapy, the red light will stimulate the mitochondria in your skin to repair oxidative damage and make your skin firmer.
- According to a study, using this device at least twice a week can help improve your skin complexion and smoothness, boost collagen density, and reduce fine lines.
- Regular exposure to red light can also improve the quality of your sleep.
- By using this device regularly, you can maintain youthful-looking and healthy skin and sleep better at the same time.
If you are still building your nighttime skincare routine or want to tweak your current one, include these practices and tips, and you will have healthy, youthful, and glowing skin and delay the signs of premature aging.
READ MORE :-The Fashion Trend: Cut Out – 2022