Pajamas or nightgowns? Which one is in fashion? – We became more and more accustomed to comfort ‘And throughout the months of quarantine caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Our day-to-day at home and a brief routine made one of the star garments of our wardrobe in those moments were the pajamas. Therefore, I am sure that you will have already positioned yourself in this duality and that you will already have a favorite,
Table of Contents
Are You More Of A Pajama Or A Nightgown?
I really wouldn’t know which one to stay with, both have their pros and cons, and I use them interchangeably, significantly depending on the time of year. But in today’s post, I want to analyze both pieces so that you can determine their priority if you haven’t done so yet, or maybe you’re like me, and you keep both, better than better, more to choose after!
Pajamas Or Nightgowns? Different Types Of Styles
Many cuts and combinations create incredible models of sleepwear. Many opt for leggings or sweatpants and an old t-shirt to sleep in or hang around the house. But if you prefer to wear matching pajamas that provide you with the most excellent Comfort during sleeping hours, you can also choose between different types. The most common? Which we will see next:
They are a kind of sleeping dress. We can find them in different models, fabrics, and infinity of lengths, by the thigh, by the knee, or the classic long ones by the ankle. The sleeves may also have different cuts and include certain added features, such as a hood, drawstring at the bottom or waist, or buttons.
- Continuing with the style of nightgowns, we can find camisoles, which are oversized shirts, quite roomy, and usually combined with matching panties or culottes.
- We also find nightshirts in this same line, a kind of combination between a camisole and a dress shirt, since it has buttons. They remain typically made of cotton.
- The first is a combination of a strappy top and matching panties, an incredibly sexy set. Next, we can opt for pajamas or lingerie nightgowns for special occasions, such as baby dolls or chemises. On the other hand, we find a model of a lingerie nightgown, known as a chemise, with thin straps and a very sensual cut. These garments stand usually made of silk mixed with lace.
More about Pajamas
- On the other hand, we find the classic pajamas, t-shirt, and pants, available in many fabrics and lengths, from the most summery with suspenders and extra short pants to the warmest for winter, with pants and long flannel sleeves. In between, a wide range of models for all tastes.
- For sure “special” occasions, one of the best options is night suits. A combination of pants with a button-down shirt, whether long or short. In general, these sets remain made with very delicate materials, such as satin or silk.
- Finally, one of the pajama models we see the most lately is ideal for the cold winter: one-piece pajamas! Some include a hood and can be closed either with a zipper or buttons.
Types Of Fabrics Used In Sleepwear
As for the materials used to make these sleeping garments. We also find numerous options, from the warmest, such as flannel, to some that are cooler. The most common fabrics in pajamas and nightgowns are:
- Cotton and organic cotton: one of the most comfortable at any time of the year, since they provide warmth in winter without being excessive, and in summer, they do not give too much heat.
- Silk or satin: in addition to being comfortable, these fabrics are exquisite and fresh, with a very soft touch.
- Flannel: for the coldest, although, sometimes, if we sleep with a thick blanket or quilt, they can be too hot.
Features To Consider When Choosing The Fitting
Pajamas When we mention pajamas or nightgowns, something comes directly to mind, Comfort! And it is that the main characteristic that this type of sleeping garment must present is the possibility of offering. To the people who use it, the greatest possible’ Comfort so that they can rest without worrying. Pants are loose, and the leg or if the waistband of the nightgown is too tight.
It is also essential to income into account the time of year in which we will use each pajamas or nightgown, not only to choose one type of length or another but also to choose the suitable fabric :
Can You Imagine Sleeping In Flannel Pajamas In The Summer? Impossible.
Choose the correct size; it should not be too loose. Although many times we tend to opt for pajamas that are larger than necessary. Believing that this will imply greater Comfort; And it shouldn’t be too tight either. It must be a measure that allows us to carry out all kinds of movements and that, in turn, does not make us aware of whether the pants fall off or if the sleeve is too long.
As for the duality that we presented initially, nightgown or pajamas? The answer is straightforward. It depends! Of the tastes of each person and the moment you will use it. None is more fashionable than the other exactly, yes it is true that some colors or cuts are trendy. Still. It is a garment that you are going to use to sleep, and that very few people are going to see it, so, From my humble point of view. You should prioritize Ease and your tastes before any passing fashion.