The Fashion Trend: Cut Out – As I have told you often, fashion is cyclical; trends always come back; what was years ago may return to the catwalks and flood the stores in the coming seasons. And today, we are seeing how the trends of the 90s are coming back with more force and style than ever. Very low-rise pants, baggy jeans, spaghetti straps, Mary Jane shoes, cropped cardigans, and, of course, cut garments.
The Fashion Trend: Cut Out
Fashion Trend – Today I want to focus on the last-mentioned trend that, for those who still do not know it, is based on wearing all kinds of garments with openings that reveal our skin in different sizes, shapes, and amounts, Fashion Trend
We saw how this type of piece was back on the catwalks a year ago, at the end of 2020. Also, how it flooded the terraces and parks during the last spring-summer season. And, once again, we see how the windows are full of cutout garments.
And it is that not only is it a highly original trend, but it is also capable of providing a sensual touch to any look, elevating it.
Cut Outs Are A Trend, But In What Garments Will We See Them This Season?
In the first place, it is worth mentioning the garments that have joined this trend, although I will give you a minor spoiler, they are all!
The cutouts are strategically placed in each garment, although no written rule speaks of these openings’ sizes, shapes, and location.
As for the main garments that follow the cutout trend and where these holes are, we can mention the following:
- We can wear tops, blouses, and sweaters in the upper part of the body. In this type of piece, we can see cut out located in different parts, such as the neck, chest, or shoulders. In this way, an elegant touch can reach.
- As for the garments’ lower part of the body, t is skirts and pants; we usually see cutouts in the hip area or on the sides of the piece.
- Also, complete garments, such as bodies, can wear cutouts. In this case, the best options is to opt for openings on the sides or at waist level. In this way, it is possible to stylize the figure, especially in cases where the doors are circular.
Fashion “Rules” To Keep In Mind To Wear Cutouts
The first aspect to keep in mind about this trend is that it is suitable for all ages and types of bodies, so I invite you to try it here.
As I mentioned before, no guideline works as a guide for this trend, but I want to give you some humble advice to get the most out of it.
- First of all, if your style is classic and you think that this trend is not for you, let me tell you that you are wrong. As I have already mentioned, cutouts are perfect for anyone; if you want to use them more subtly, you can opt for a single opening, two at most, and with a small size.
- On the contrary, if you are daring and like to go for original looks, I advise you to look for many cutouts and a larger size.
- As for the best way to wear cutout garments, experts say it should be done with other plain pieces, without openings and prints, so that the cutout garment is the main protagonist of the look.
- On the other hand, depending on the result we want to obtain, we must choose one garment or another. In other words, if you’re going to achieve a sensual and elegant appearance or lengthen the neck and torso area, it is best to opt for upper garments with cutouts in the chest or shoulder area. But if you want to define the waist area, the most recommended are tight dresses or blouses, tops or bodies with openings on both sides of the waist, symmetrically.
The Best Looks With Cut Out Garments
There are countless garments with different cutouts. Therefore, it is possible to achieve many looks with this trend. Here are fair a few of the choices you can choose.
- Look 1: one of my favorites, baggy jeans, with high-heeled ankle boots and a nice thick turtleneck sweater, yes, with the chest fully exposed. Sensuality and originality in the purest 90s style.
- Look 2: long-sleeved midi knit dress with slits on both sides of the waist, almost coming together in the central area of the belly. This type of dress goes with everything, but this time we will opt for cowboy boots, a hat with a brim, and a denim jacket with shearling.
- Look 3: another back to the ’90s, jeans that at first glance are low-waisted, but whose cut is higher, but leaves the hip area exposed. At the top, a halter neck top and a biker. Some stilettos and handbag and voilà! A perfect rock-style party look.