Oatmeal: Its Benefits For The Skin – Surely you already know this cereal rich in fiber and nutrients; it is even possible that you have consumed it for breakfast, snack or snack on some occasion.
But, did you know that we can also use it to show off healthy and cared for skin?
Table of Contents
Positive Effects Of Oatmeal On The Skin
Oatmeal is an excellent source of fiber, magnesium, iron and potassium, and other nutrients; it also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The elements make. It results in a highly beneficial use for the skin, whether in cream, tonic or mask format.
But what exactly does oatmeal do?
- It is one of the cereals that contain the most fat, up to 65% unsaturated fat and 35% linoleic acid. As a result, it translates into a high moisturizing and softening effect.
- It also contains chemicals known as saponins, which are capable of deep cleaning. For this reason, oatmeal is often used in soaps and gels, as it can absorb dirt accumulated in the pores.
- The proteins. Protect the skin. In addition, it has ceramides, which block those compounds that inflame the skin, allowing itching to calm down. For this reason, oatmeal can act as a soothing agent in eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, irritation, or hives. Similarly, oatmeal helps protect the skin from polluting effects, chemicals commonly used in cosmetics and UV rays.
- Oatmeal can help even out the skin’s pH, once again relieving itchiness and helping to maintain natural hydration.
- Its function as an exfoliant helps not only to remove dead cells and impurities but also to reduce skin blemishes.
- It is also a beneficial ingredient for the hair since it gives it shine, stimulates its growth and helps to stop its loss.
What Benefits Does Eating Oats Bring To The Body?
But we cannot forget the most common use of oats, and that is, as a cereal, it is a prevalent ingredient in different types of food. But this does not stop its beneficial work for the body, but in this way, other types of highly positive actions are achieved, not only for the skin and hair as we have seen but for different aspects of our body.
It has a high content of B vitamins, so its intake also helps keep both skin and hair in perfect condition.
Regarding vitamin E, this provides antioxidant properties and a high number of essential amino acids and minerals, capable of helping to eliminate liquids, keeping the skin with the necessary hydration, strengthening the immune system, and looking healthy skin and hair.
Due to its high fiber content, one of the primary uses of oats is as a regulator of intestinal transit, managing to give a feeling of satiety and energy.
To achieve. These beneficial results, oats can consume in the form of flakes combined with yoghurt. Milk or even in a salad, or as the main ingredient in cookies, rolls or bars. The consumption of oat milk is also widespread.
Different Examples Of Products With Oats For Skin Care
We can find many products made from oats to treat our skin in beauty salons, herbalists or other cosmetic stores. But as you know, I am a fan of natural products, so I want to show you different examples of facial and body care products that we can make in our own home:
- Toner: One of the main steps in any daily facial routine is using toner. We can get a natural one with an infusion of a tablespoon of ground oatmeal in a cup of mineral water. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes and strain it. Then, to use it, spray the water on the face or apply it with a cloth or a compress.
- Immersion bath: this treatment allows you to exfoliate, cleanse, and nourish the entire body’s skin in depth. Pour a cup of ground oatmeal into your bathwater. Also, if you want to achieve greater hydration, you have to add two tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil.
Masks – Oatmeal: Benefits The Skin
- Moisturizing mask: we can make a mask – Oatmeal: Benefits The Skin – capable of deeply hydrating our skin by mixing a cup of oatmeal a cup of milk and letting the paste rest for a while. Subsequently, we must apply the mixture to the face, let it work for about fifteen minutes, and then remove it with plenty of water.
- Smoothing and illuminating mask: oatmeal’s benefits for the skin are its ability to soften it; we can achieve this with a cover made from 3 tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of crushed oatmeal, and three tablespoons of lemon juice. To ensure that this mixture is adequate, we must leave it on the face for about 15 or 30 minutes.
we can also exfoliate our skin by mixing two tablespoons of oatmeal in half a natural yoghurt and adding the juice of a lemon. Wet your look with hot water and apply the mask, massaging the most affected areas. Once it has acted on the front for 15 minutes, it is time to remove the mixture.
- Mask to lighten spots: by mixing a cup of ground oatmeal with the juice of a lemon. We get a paste capable of helping us lighten skin spots, whether due to age or continuous exposure to the sun. It is necessary to apply it about twice a week for approximately 20 minutes.
- Anti-shine mask: to prevent the skin from showing unwanted shine. We can treat it with a cover made from a cup of oatmeal and three tablespoons of soybean oil. Then, we will get a paste that we must apply to the face and let it work for at least 15 minutes.
READ MORE :-Lip Augmentation – Attractioner